Tagged Under:

'I WILL NOT LEAVE MADRID' - MORATA

By: Mdadisi On: 8:47 PM
  • Share The Gag
  • Alvaro Morata pledged his future to Real Madrid after helping them thrash basement side Real Betis 5-0 on Saturday.

    Cristiano Ronaldo, Gareth Bale, Karim Benzema and Angel Di Maria struck before Morata netted in the final minutes to clinch a deserved win.

    And despite being linked to a number of foreign outfits recently, the 21-year-old is eager to stay put at the Santiago Bernabeu and fight for his place.

    "Despite everything that is being said, I'm happy here. I want to stay," he told reporters after the match.

    "I have spoken with the coach and the club, and I talk every day with my team-mates. I have been at this club for my whole life and it is the best in the world.

    "The best are here and I want to help when I am needed.  If I have to help by playing a few minutes here and there, I’ll do it, but it’s even better if I get a few more.

    "There are a lot of things being said, but I want to stay here and keep working hard and improving."

    Victory in Seville saw los Blancos go top of the table beside Barcelona and Atletico Madrid for the first time this season, and Morata took heart from the performance his team had shown.

    "I am very happy about scoring, but more about winning," the striker continued.
    "It was an important match because we played before the other two teams at the top of the table and things soon went our way with Ronaldo’s goal. We had to win and then see if they drop points."

    Barcelona face the trip away to Levante next while Atleti host European candidates Sevilla at the Vicente Calderon on Sunday.

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment